The organization began sending a team to Tallahassee each year for the entirety of legislative session beginning in 2011. Our priorities for 2017 include:
- We are collaborating with medical marijuana organizations to expand the list of conditions covered beyond the existing laws and Amendment 2.
- By teaming with patient advocacy groups and medical professional groups to amend existing law we will remove the 90-day waiting requirement for qualifying as a patient.
- We are watching proposed legislation for opportunities to add amendments allowing personal cultivation.
- We are using our pre-election interviews to find a new legislative champion to further our current hemp research law.
- By persuading members of the Education Committee we can find partners to ensure kids are getting science- based education in harms and benefits of cannabis.
- We are preparing to present the case to lawmakers for allowing reciprocity between states.
- We are seeking sponsors to create a Joint Resolution in order to put the Right of Adults to Cannabis on the ballot in 2018.